My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://ihatecilantro.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Rupert Murdoch Eat Your Heart Out... I'm Finally in The Times

More later, but for now a link to The New York Times article and this juicy bit from Harold McGee, paraphrasing Northwestern (GO CATS!) neuroscientist Jay Gottfried:

"the great cilantro split probably reflects the primal importance of smell and taste to survival, and the brain’s constant updating of its database of experiences."

Indeed, to hate is to survive.


5 comments:

K said...

I just found your blog through the NY Times article and have been enjoying my look around. I'll be back later to read more.

chrishynes@me.com said...

A friend just sent me the link to your blog... I am so happy! I don't have enough free time to point out the evils of cilantro except to a few friends. To find someone who can spread the gospel in such a clever and fun format, I am now truly saved.

Keep up the great work...the world of cilantro haters are indebted to you.

Chris

Erin Hollingsworth said...

Welcome new readers! I'm so honored to represent in some small way cilantro haters everywhere. Thanks for reading.

RookieMom Heather said...

I also found your blog through the NY Times article. I wish there were a pill I could take as a cilantro antidote. Can you fund that study?

Also, I liked this statement: If you’re looking to work on your cilantro patterns, pesto might be the place to start.

Finally, are you a Northwestern Wildcat? I am. I first discovered my massive hatred of the "herb of the devil" right there in Evanston in college. Go cats!

Erin Hollingsworth said...

I am a Wildcat! Class of 2004. I discovered I hated cilantro at the Chipotle on Church St freshman year.

I'd take that pill :)